charm copy van cleef & arpels white gold pendant price? from eiiuse's blog

Murdered teen Chelsey Acorn's skull crushed

Dustin Moir (right) leaves Chilliwack Provincial courthouse with unidentified female November 30, 2009. Pictured with Acorn is Const. Forensic pathologist Dr. David Charlesworth testified Tuesday at the trial of a father and son charged with the first degree murder of Chelsey Acorn that the girl's skull bore signs of a massive crushing injury.

Acorn, described by a former foster mother who is attending the trial as a "high spirited" attractive and loving girl, was only 14 when she disappeared from an Abbotsford group home in June, 2005.

Acorn's remains were discovered by two hikers in April, 2006 in a remote spot along the Coquihalla Highway just north of Hope, in a shallow grave partially covered with rocks. and Alberta, are both on trial for Acorn's murder, with each man having his own pair of top defence lawyers.

Moir, who is out on bail of $200,000 and accompanied at all times by a girlfriend who runs errands for him to help him avoid media cameras, was set up in an elaborate "Mr. Big" style van cleef gold necklace imitation police investigation before he was charged.

Moir allegedly confessed to an undercover "crime boss" that he agreed to help his father with a "carry and bury" job that turned out to be transporting Acorn, who both men knew, to a remote campsite near Hope.

According to van cleef gold necklace replica an opening statement by Crown Counsel John Hempstead, Moir is alleged to have told police that he and his father "took turns having sex" with Acorn and discussed how to kill her, while Acorn waited in a tent.

West choked Acorn from behind, Moir allegedly bragged to police, but Moir claimed he "finished" strangling her, dumped her naked body in a nearby grave he had dug and then crushed her skull with a large rock.

Both men have pled not guilty to Acorn's murder.

Police recorded a conversation between them in a van after the two were arrested in which Moir pleaded with his father to "take more" of the blame for Acorn's death.

Although West is in custody, the two are dressed casually and seated in ordinary chairs about three feet apart in the Chilliwack Supreme Court room, yet rarely acknowledge or even glance at each other.

Charlesworth, director of autopsy services at Royal Columbian Hospital, testified that the girl had a massive injury about seven by seven centimetres on the left side of her head, but agreed with West's lawyer Richard Fowler that no evidence could be found from the mostly skeletal remains of injury to the neck area from strangulation.

Charlesworth testified that RCMP officers, two of whom attended replica van cleef and arpels earrings the autopsy at which Acorn was still unknown, told him the "partly skeletal remains" were found by hikers, and agreed: "Yes, clearly a naked body found in a burial site, in a deserted part of the province, is of help to me when weighing up the potential cause of death."

He testified that evidence of "growth plates" on the limbs proved the remains to be those of an adolescent female, and that no other part of her body, including bones and remaining organs, showed any disease or serious injury.

The skull was crushed "from the temple to the centre of the face, to the bridge of the nose and cheek," said Charlesworth, from a blunt object that likely was a large rock, similar to those that partially covered the body.

"It's a very significant trauma that caved in the side of her head and that alone would result in death. if that was the only injury it would or could cause death," said Charlesworth.

Acorn was eventually identified from dental remains.

Cheryl Walden, who first met Acorn when the girl was seven and included Acorn in her "close knit family" of three children about Acorn's age, said she is watching closely the trial of the father and son, "to get justice for Chelsey."

Previous post     
     Next post
     Blog home

The Wall

No comments
You need to sign in to comment


Problem with reading feeds